1. Create A Plan: Decide what kind of workouts you want to do. Maybe strength training or cardio? Decide if you’ll go to a gym or workout in the comfort of your own home. Once you make your plan you’ll be ready to go!
2. Have A Support System: Its always nice to have someone in your corne. Whether it be a friend, significant other, or other family member. The more people is your support system, the more encouragment you’ll receive and the more likely you’ll be to reach your goals.
3. Set Shorth Term and Long Term Goals: You can set and many or few as you’d like. You may want to start out small and work your way up. Some examples could be losing 20 pounds in 4 months as a short term goal, and running a half or full marathon within a year as a long term goal. You can even share your goals with your support system. It helps to have some accountability!
4. Create A Reward System: It’s nice to be rewarded for all of your hard work, but be sure to have rewards that are NOT related to food. Some examples may be spending a few hours to yourself to catch up on a TV show, read a book, or even take a relaxing bubble bath. If you have kids, try to find someone willing to watch them for a few hours….cue the support system! Spend a day at the spa. There’s nothing more relaxing than that. Or buy yourself a new outfit or two. Now that you’re getting in shape you’ll wanna show off that rockin’ body in an equally rockin’ outfit! 🙂
5. DONT QUIT: It’s easy to throw in the towel when you’re feeling stressed or like you just can’t reach your goals, but PLEASE, never give up. EVER. You CAN reach your fitness goals. You’ve got a group of people rooting for you, and you don’t want to let them or yourself down. It won’t always be easy, but it’ll be worth it! Keep it up! 🙂